Saturday, December 16, 2017

Divine Earthly Experience 14: Dancing with the Unknown

"There is a river flowing now very fast. It is so great and swift that there are those who will be afraid. They will try to hold on to the shore and they will feel they are torn apart and suffer greatly. Know that the river has its destination. The elders say we must let go of the shore, push off into the middle of the river, keep our eyes open, and our heads above water..."—Hopi Indian Elder


Hello Fellow Earthlings,

It seems I missed posting in November, but you can be sure I'll be posting regularly over the next 4 months as I am leaving the comfort of my home and job and setting out into the great unknown.

I've wanted to do this for years, it seems, but the sudden ending of my marriage two years and 4 months ago was a huge blow to my identity and who I thought I was. I wasn't ready to let go of the few things I had left in place that resembled any ounce of security: my home, job, family and friends.

Now I'm ready. I feel like a space explorer. I feel in my bones that I'm about to embark on a deep journey of body, mind and soul. There will be a rebirth for sure, as I'm no longer comfortable sitting at the side lines of my life or playing a role that no longer fits me. Life in this body is too short for that.

I feel we are all here for a reason, yet getting to the bottom of who we are and why we are here is a tremendous task. I feel a lot of it has to do with remembering.

December 6, 2017 marked the beginning of my 4-month sabbatical. I've rented out my home from January-April, I've booked my ticket to Maui where I will live at the foot of Haleakala for the next two months. So I begin the Earth Sister journey. The journey I came here, to this earth, to make. It's unfolding in my subconscious when I dream. I've been living it all along, but I'm about to go deeper into it. I'm about to let my spirit (heart) be my guide completely. I'm letting go of the shore and the safety nets. I'm both scared and excited. I'm ready.

I went to see my counselor yesterday. I remember when I used to think seeing a counselor was only for messed up or crazy people. Now I see that "seeking wise counsel" has been the way for humans for millions of years. As I told my counselor of my plans, she asked me "How does that feel?" I said, "Both exciting and scary!" My counselor felt this and said that it gave her shivers.

We have no idea how connected we all are. When one person takes a leap of faith out of their comfort zone and into the unknown, it gives permission for everyone else who comes in contact with this person to also step out into the unknown, face fears and move forward.

Whenever we read about someone who has conquered their fears by doing something that scared the pants off of them, we feel inspired. Inspired means to be "in spirit." We are all part of this spirit or oneness. There is actually no security. It's all imagined. We believe our families, partners, kids, pets or even our God will save us, but we have to be willing to save ourselves. We are the only ones who can go to that depth or can dwell in the center of our beings.

Here in our centers, we may find a peace that we equate to a higher power, but it is not easily noticed or found in the hustle and bustle of  our world today. It's becoming harder and harder to hear our hearts' calling. It requires a great deal of strength and power to settle into the "unknown" and finally hear what's deep, down in there.

When all the details of our lives are squared away and we have it all figured out, what is left to do? Where are the magic and miracles? I'm not saying you have to voyage the world to find what lies for you in the unknown, but it does require stepping off the well-trodden path, if only to look at the stars and moon with the innocence and wonder of a child.

In the state of the formless all things are formed, but humans have placed such great importance on the formed, or physical things. Our gadgets rule our lives. The information is mind blowing. Just get on Facebook for a few minutes and you've learned more than you ever wanted to know in a matter of seconds. Facebook and other social media has a way of depressing fellow humans because we tend to measure our lives by the things we have or by the things we lack. This is ALL on the physical plane or on the plane of what is considered tangible.

What we have forgotten is what we can't see: the unformed. We have forgotten that our true spirit, heart and intuition lie in what has yet to come into being. It's spacious and unknown. It's deep and vast and full of pure potential. It can't be measured or compared or quantified. Because it is so unknown, it's considered "scary." The spiritual or heart plane has taken a back seat in the world today. We have lost connection to it. We place great value in the physical and tangible at the cost of knowing our own spirits and hearts in this world.

The good news is that world is going through a major transition. It is moving from the formed to the unformed and each person is going through their own individual crisis of who they think they are and what they think they have. We are moving from an age of technology to an age of intuition. We are remembering why we are here.

This shift is causing an increase in the vibration of the planet. And it is causing chaos in our lives. The Hopi Indians predicted this time of chaos and destruction would come. It has always come. Whatever is created will one day be destroyed. This very knowledge and truth should propel us to lead a life, not in fear, but in flow.

Fear creates tension, anxiety, depression and pain. It creates "stuckness" of energy systems in the body. It creates disease and unhappiness. Fear is not real. Fear is what was meant to kick in when our lives were in danger, but now fear kicks in when there is no imminent threat or danger.

Flow moves energy. When we enter the flow of life, we feel a spaciousness and interconnectedness to all things. We feel spirit in us. Our intuition kicks in and gives us powerful messages in our waking and dream lives. In flow, life moves freely and easily. We trust and believe in a universal power or force.

When you are in flow, the unknown is not so scary, because a person in flow believes they are connected. Flow is abundant and life-giving. Fear is about scarcity and life-taking.

When you say, "I don't know what will happen, but I trust things will work out for the best," you are speaking from a powerful place. From this place,  no matter what comes in and out of your life: death, birth, loss of job, new career, divorce, marriage, there is a flow. You are flowing with life and dancing with the unknown. And that is not a place to fear, but a place to heal, grow and love.

Have you ever taken a leap of faith into the unknown? What did you do and what happened to you?

3 comments:

  1. Katherine, I am so happy you are writing again and taking us on your journey. Safe travels.
    I am also feeling the vibrational shift. I am listening to my heart and try to relax the powerful energy that is going crazy around me.
    It feels like anxiety but I know I Am not anxious.
    Knowing that we are all connected to everything is difficult at times because I feel Everyone energy and most are not happy.
    I spend a lot more time in quiet meditation with the intention of grounding and shielding.
    Is was a natural state for me for a long time but this shift has thrown everything off balance. Do you feel it?
    I am fine and my life is the same because I stay in the now. As an observer of what I see in others is hard to watch.
    Thanks for sharing. ❤️🎄

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I feel it Kathy! Keep grounding and centering. There's darkness and anxiety in the world, but those of us who know about energy have a huge task to hold the light. I see you are a fellow light worker. So happy to meet you on the path...keep shining ⭐️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again, you write exactly what I needed to read!! I worked with an excellent counselor and I'm still working on stepping out of a fear-based life and into that flow.

    My life has completely shifted from what I thought it was going to be and I have zero idea of what is unfolding in the next few months, but I am trusting the universe and being inspired by others who are walking their own paths.

    Thank you for posting!! Happy trails and holidays to you.

    ReplyDelete