Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Seattle Girl on Cape Cod: Dropping Down Deep

 Dear fellow Earthlings,

Has it really been six months since I've written on this blog? What happened? I can't even really summarize it all. 

All I can say is that I was on a long journey and that journey was very extroverted on some levels, but there was some inner work that did take place.

I stopped writing here in April. By June, summer was in full swing and I was getting ready to leave my Cape place for six weeks and rent it out. Scott and I traveled by car from the Cape to Washington State and back. That was not a short journey. We went to meet friends and family and to clear out our storage units there, but there were definite adventures along the way in both directions. Looking back, they seemed like initiations to get me to where I am now. 

After we returned from our long trip, several friends from Seattle and Florida came to visit us. My best friend from elementary school just left on Halloween. It was such a joy to have a life-long friend here in my new stomping grounds. I love this place so much and I wanted her to experience what I have experienced. I can honestly say that we both had a really good time.

But now it's November 1st. Time to drop down inwards. Time to see what wants to come out.

On Halloween, after being inside all day working on my college class and catching up on other work I avoided while enjoying with my friend, I decided to head to Mayflower Beach and walk along the shore to Chapin Beach. It was around 5:30pm and the sky across the bay was jet black with only a sliver of white against the emerald green water.

 It looked like the sky might fall at any minute. It had an eerie quality that was appropriate for the holiday. There was not a soul on the beach, save for one man dressed in a lion suit sitting melancholically on the beach next to the shore. He looked unflinchingly into the distance, hands wrapped around his knees. He had an air of disappointment about him. Upon seeing me, he gathered his lion's tail in his hands and wandered down the shore in the opposite direction. 

Now there was no one.

There was also no wind.

I listened to the waves lap against the shore and watched as the clouds got darker and darker. They were so dark now that they seemed they might burst.


When I got to Chapin Beach, I turned around and started walking on the street. The air was thick and warm and crickets still chirped. Did they know it was almost November? Did they know winter was coming?

I closed my eyes and felt the moment. The sultriness of summer was still in the air, but the darkness of the skies and the dead leaves on the ground indicated the change coming that was inevitable.

I wandered as far as Bay Beach. Just before I entered the beach a fox crossed my path. I hadn't seen one since 2020 when I lived in Eastham. I didn't have any friends there and spent most of my time talking to animals. I was tuned in then in a way I am not now, but just for those few moments, staring at the fox across from me as he sat looking at me intently in the sand dunes, I realized that I hadn't lost all connection to the natural world. I was tuning in again. I felt deep gratitude for this creature's appearance on Halloween. Foxes, to me, exist between both the physical and spiritual worlds and at a time when the veil between the physical and spiritual is so thin, it felt very auspicious to see him there.

But just as he appeared, he disappeared, almost as if he were never there to begin with.

I carried on down the beach and came upon dozens of sand pipers screeching loudly under the moon. I had no where to walk without running into them, so they flew in formation over the sand and landed in a perfect line along the shore giving me a path to walk. 

I know this new month marks the start of a very different time. I can feel I will be writing quite a bit. I can feel I will be uncovering more than I know. I will start teaching a new intuitive writing class on Friday at Ritual in Yarmouth. This time it will be in person. The class is called Conscious Creation. I may also offer it online. I have been working at a deeper and deeper level with the idea that we completely create our reality. I have tested new tools that give clear evidence for this. I'm excited to explore more deeply with conscious creation and see where it leads.

For now, I am grateful for the opportunity to get back in to a rhythm and routine. As the days grow shorter, I'm ready to drop down deep....

2 comments:

  1. Your photos and words are compelling. Mahalo nui.
    P.s. happy to know you're enjoying Cape Cod. My birth place and home for may years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I have a strong connection to Hawaii as well!

      Delete