Friday, February 5, 2021

Seattle Girl on Cape Cod: It's all Smoke and Mirrors

It's All Smoke and Mirrors


It's all smoke and mirrors.
We've come to worship technology
And find our answers on screens.
Main-stream media has become our God.

How did you, who I love,
Become a bunch of pixels in a tiny square?
I can't feel your embrace,
Nor hear your heart beating.

So, without you here
I turn my face to the ocean
Where the wind whispers in my ear.
I don't hear words, but I understand.
When I step outside I'm home. 

A red cardinal in bamboo,
Or a woodpecker perched on a naked branch
Surrounded by red winter berries
Leads me further down the the path
Nature is my altar now. 

I come to the place where the land stops
And the sea begins
The sun fills me up from head to toe
As I sink down into the golden grains below me

My feet move without thought
My heart in my chest 
Is a compass
To the Unknown

Earth's sacred garden
Holds the key
In an oyster shell
Have you found the treasure yet?







No comments:

Post a Comment