Sunday, March 22, 2020

Healing for the Earth, Day Seven: Love Yourself

How are you all doing fellow Earthlings?

Are you a bit overwhelmed yet? I'm a little teched out, to be honest. I'm helping my college with tech support as things move online and it's a rather big job, but I'm still finding time to get a walk in each day, breathe, and show up here.

Today's post is about loving yourself. My boyfriend gave me the desk calendar by Jen Sincero called YOU ARE A BADASS for Christmas.




Are you familiar with any of her books? They are hilarious and enlightening at the same time. I like things that are both hilarious and enlightening.

For today, on my YOU ARE A BADASS desk calendar, the message is:



"Love yourself. Like you are the only one there is."

How appropriate because after being alone out here I was starting to believe there was no one else out there until my boyfriend showed up to save me from crossing over the line and believing everyone else had disappeared.

But back to that message. It sounds cheesy, I know, but loving yourself is so important. I've felt bombarded with all the Facebook messages of what's been going on and what's okay and not okay and where is the line and who is enforcing it.

Yes, it's important to take measures and social distance, but I'm announcing it right here, I AM GOING TO GO OUTSIDE and I AM GOING TO HUG (etc.) MY BOYFRIEND and it's okay.
I'm also going to LOVE MYSELF and know that it's okay.

And you get to make your own decisions on what you are going to do in these very different times. I can't tell you what to do, I can only follow what intuitively feels right to me.

Fortunately, out here in Sequim, there are less people and I'm able to practice social distancing without too much difficulty, but I will be quite honest! It felt good to give my boyfriend a hug and go on little bike ride around the neighborhood before I had to get on a Zoom call and offer tech support to my colleagues.





Today I'm going to treat myself to some relaxation after a long day. Maybe a little Netflix even or a bath.

What are you doing to LOVE YOURSELF?

Here's a little video I made on loving yourself. Enjoy.



Peace + Love + Light,
Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment